To be LGBTQAI+ inclusive means being accepting and supportive of people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. This includes lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, asexual, intersex, and non-binary people. It also means being aware of and challenging discrimination against LGBTQAI+ people.
There are many ways to be LGBTQAI+ inclusive. Here are a few examples:
- Use inclusive language. For example, instead of saying "husband and wife," say "spouses" or "partners."
- Be respectful of people's pronouns. If you're not sure what someone's pronouns are, ask them.
- Create a safe and welcoming environment for LGBTQAI+ people. This includes having policies in place to prevent discrimination and harassment.
- Support LGBTQAI+ owned businesses and organizations.
- Educate yourself about LGBTQAI+ issues and history.
Being LGBTQAI+ inclusive is important because it helps to create a more just and equitable society for everyone. When LGBTQAI+ people are accepted and supported, they are more likely to thrive.
Here are some additional tips for being LGBTQAI+ inclusive:
- Be mindful of your own biases. We all have biases, but it's important to be aware of them so that we can avoid letting them influence our behavior.
- Be open to learning from others. There are many resources available to help you learn more about LGBTQAI+ issues and history.
- Be an ally. If you see someone being discriminated against, speak up and support them.
By following these tips, you can help to create a more inclusive world for everyone.
Birthkeepers that provide this service
Hypnobirthing and antenatal classes online & in person in Kent providing evidence based education to empower you to have the most positive birth possible, whether that's a natural home birth or a caesarean (or anything in between!). Classes are hosted by Erin, a passionate birth keeper with three children of her own.See profile
Birth Right Hypnobirthing
Does the thought of giving birth fill you with fear and dread? This is the course for you. With 18+years of supporting parents with a full antental hypnobirthing course, I can help you prepare and feel calm and confident. Course options include group, private, online and in person. Based in South Wales, with gloabal expereince.See profile
Hello lovely one, I'm Nat. I am a devoted birth and postnatal doula, passionate about supporting birthing people to be informed and empowered during their journey through pregnancy and beyond. I am blessed to be a birth worker that had the support of a doula during my own pregnancy and birth. This experience is partly what drives my passion for working with birthing people. I wish for all new parents to have the opportunity to be nurtured and supported to make informed choices during this time.See profile