HypnoBirthing classes are antenatal classes that teach pregnant people how to use self-hypnosis and other relaxation techniques to reduce pain and anxiety during labor and birth. HypnoBirthing also teaches people about the physiology of birth and how to work with their bodies to have a more positive and empowering experience.
HypnoBirthing classes typically cover the following topics:
- What is hypnobirthing and how does it work?
- The physiology of birth
- Deep relaxation and breathing techniques
- Visualization and positive affirmations
- Self-hypnosis for pain relief and anxiety reduction
- Birth positions and comfort measures
- Creating a birth plan
- Partner support
HypnoBirthing classes can be taken in person or online, and they are typically taught by certified hypnobirthing instructors. Classes typically last 4-6 weeks, and they are recommended for people who are at least 20 weeks pregnant.
HypnoBirthing is a safe and effective way to reduce pain and anxiety during labor and birth. It can also help people to have a more positive and empowering birth experience.
Here are some of the potential benefits of hypnobirthing:
- Reduced pain and anxiety during labor and birth
- Shorter labor
- Fewer interventions, such as epidurals and cesarean sections
- Increased feelings of control and empowerment during birth
- More positive birth experience for both the birthing person and their partner
Birthkeepers that provide this service
Hypnobirthing and antenatal classes online & in person in Kent providing evidence based education to empower you to have the most positive birth possible, whether that's a natural home birth or a caesarean (or anything in between!). Classes are hosted by Erin, a passionate birth keeper with three children of her own.See profile
Birth Right Hypnobirthing
Does the thought of giving birth fill you with fear and dread? This is the course for you. With 18+years of supporting parents with a full antental hypnobirthing course, I can help you prepare and feel calm and confident. Course options include group, private, online and in person. Based in South Wales, with gloabal expereince.See profile