Birth Coaching Calls
Birth Coaching Calls are one-on-one phone or video calls with a certified birth coach. They are a great way to get personalized support and guidance throughout your pregnancy, labor, and postpartum period.
During birth coaching calls, you can talk to your coach about anything you need, including:
- Your fears and anxieties about childbirth
- Your birth preferences and goals
- How to cope with pain and discomfort
- Positioning and comfort techniques
- Breathing exercises and relaxation techniques
- How to communicate with your partner and care providers
- Postpartum planning and support
Your birth coach can also provide you with evidence-based information about childbirth and help you make informed decisions about your care.
Birth coaching calls can be especially helpful for people who:
- Are first-time parents
- Have had a previous negative birth experience
- Have a high-risk pregnancy
- Are planning to have a home birth or birth center birth
- Have specific birth preferences or goals
- Simply want to feel more confident and prepared for childbirth
Birth coaching calls are typically offered on a one-on-one basis, but some coaches also offer group coaching calls. The number of calls you need will vary depending on your individual needs and goals.
If you are considering hiring a birth coach, I recommend interviewing several different coaches to find one who is a good fit for you and your family. You should also ask about their training and experience, as well as their philosophy on childbirth.